With today's news that Freddy Rodriguez is joining the cast of "Ugly Betty," nearly every actor who played a main character on "Six Feet Under" is now back on TV somewhere. Here's a look at where the Fisher and Diaz folks have ended up:
- Peter Krause (Nate Fisher) will star in ABC's "Dirty Sexy Money" this fall as Nick George, an attorney who takes over his father's role as counselor to the absurdly wealthy Darling family.
- Michael C. Hall (David Fisher) has reinvented himself as a blood spatter analyst-turned-serial killer in Showtime's "Dexter," for which he already received a Golden Globe nomination.
- Lauren Ambrose (Claire Fisher) has been cast as Parker Posey's sister in "The Return of Jezebel James," a Fox comedy from "Gilmore Girls" creator Amy Sherman-Palladino that is currently scheduled to air as a midseason replacement.
Lots more — including Rico's new role — so
- Freddy Rodriguez (Rico Diaz) is newly cast in "Ugly Betty" as Gio, an ambitious blue-collar sandwich maker who just might complicate the burgeoning love between Betty and Henry.
- Rachel Griffiths (Brenda Chenowith) now plays Sarah on ABC's "Brothers & Sisters" — and is a big part of the reason I hope the women of that show will pull in some Emmy nominations.
- Jeremy Sisto (Billy Chenowith) had a short-lived stint on NBC's "Kidnapped" last fall, but this year he'll be back as the new detective on "Law & Order."
- Lili Taylor (Lisa Kimmel Fisher) starts a starring turn this Sunday as a mixed-up therapist on Lifetime's "State of Mind."
As for the others, Frances Conroy (Ruth Fisher), Mathew St. Patrick (Keith Charles) and Justina Machado (Vanessa) are currently filming movies, while James Cromwell (George) starred this past season as Jack's dad on "24."