Though the finale was days ago, the latest episode of True Blood is still a hot topic. Unfortunately, the chitchat is more about how lame it was than its few shocking moments. It seems that many of you agree with the sentiment, so here are your reasons why the True Blood finale was a disappointment.
- It doesn't leave us wanting more. "Once again a disappointing cliffhanger. Just like last year, I'm left not caring about the end. Obviously, Sookie will be back. The only highlight for me was Bill's secret finally being revealed. I've waited all season for Bill to go down. The rest of the episode didn't solve anything, just left everything open ended. I guess some people might enjoy that, but after dedicating the whole summer to the show, some big stuff could have at least gone down." — elramos
- Tara needs a better story line. "I kept hoping to see Tara drive off a cliff. I'm sick of valuable minutes being wasted on her. As manipulative and abusive as Franklin was, I actually felt bad for him that he fell in love/lust/whatever with her. I hope season 4 brings an end to Tara." — MeowAlyCat
- None of the series regulars are killed off. "I think the sense of urgency is kind of lost because in three seasons, not a single major character has died. Think about Lost. They kept the urgency going in the early seasons because the writers were not afraid to kill off a crowd favorite. As other commenters mentioned, we know Eric isn't going to die, and Bill isn't going to leave, and Sookie will be back, etc. Where's the drama?" — jadenirvana
- Sookie's fairy life is not that exciting. "This whole weird fairy thing bugs me. It's so campy and soap opera dreamy that I almost roll my eyes every time it comes on." — tlsgirl
- Not everything is explained. "I wasn't bowled over by the finale either. There were some things not explained (how did Pam know to get Eric out of the concrete, for example)." — jultritz
See the last two reasons when you
Photo courtesy of HBO