20 Expert-Level Cameos to Spot in Star Wars: The Last Jedi
When it comes to Star Wars: The Last Jedi, there is so much to discuss. Naturally, there are very serious aspects of the film to unpack. Are Kylo and Rey destined to fall in love? And how will the franchise wrap up General Leia Organa's storyline in Episode IX? And what's the real deal with Rey's parents?! But for every serious takeaway, there's something equally fun to talk about, too. Like, for instance, that shirtless Kylo Ren scene, or the precious Porgs who appear early on. But nothing is more fun than counting the seemingly endless parade of cameos that seems to march along, without reprieve, throughout the entirety of the film. Let's go over some of the most notable (and delightful) bit parts from The Last Jedi!
The Casino's High Rollers
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Slowen Lo: A riff on the famous Beastie Boys song "Slow and Low," this character is the one who rats out Finn and Rose by telling the police about their illegally parked spaceship.
- Justin Theroux as a Master Codebreaker: The whole reason Finn and Rose scope out the casino on Canto Bight is to find this man, who briefly appears just before the Resistance duo gets apprehended bu the police.
- Gary Fisher as Space Gary: You can actually spot the late Carrie Fisher's pup in the above photo! He belongs to a high-rolling member of the elite club on Canto Bight.
- Mark Hamill as Dobbu Scay: Hamill doesn't appear in the flesh, he does lend his vocal talents to a character named Dobbu Scay (which is actually an anagram of Lucasfilms editor Bob Duscay). We're not entirely sure which character is Hamill — maybe it's that little creature that accosts BB-8? — but he's in there!
- Lily Cole as Lovey: If you were struck by the Master Codebreaker's gorgeous companion (with the strange widescreen TV-esque hair), then chances are you noticed Lily Cole. We don't know much about Lovey aside from the fact that she's fierce as f*ck.
The First Order Fighters
- Prince Harry as a stormtrooper: Prince Harry's cameo as a stormtrooper was confirmed quite some time ago! As for where they appear in the film, he's rumored to be in a later scene on the First Order's starship when Rose and Finn are taken prisoner.
- Prince William as a stormtrooper: Naturally, Prince William appears in the same place as Prince Harry.
- Tom Hardy as a stormtrooper: Although Hardy was reportedly cut from the film, he allegedly appeared as a stormtrooper at some point in the same scene as Harry and William. Maybe he'll make it into the DVD extras?
- Kate Dickie as a First Order monitor: If you thought Kate Dickie looked familiar, chances are you recognize her as Sansa's deranged Aunt Lysa on Game of Thrones.
- Ralph Ineson as a senior First Order officer: Oh look, another Game of Thrones alum! Ineson played Dagmer Cleftjaw. Crazily enough, he also starred with Dickie in The Witch.
- Adrian Edmondson as Captain Peavey: American audiences may have missed the addition of this notable Brit, who is a brilliant comedian.
The Members of the Resistance
- Hugh Skinner as Holdo's first officer: Skinner doesn't speak in the film, but his face is unmistakable! If you watched Fleabag, he plays Harry. Weirdly, he also plays "young Harry" in the upcoming Mamma Mia sequel. Guess he just really looks like a Harry.
- Michaela Coel as a Resistance monitor: Coel is a comedy queen! She dominates as Tracey on Chewing Gum, and she's also appearing in the new season of Black Mirror. In The Last Jedi, she says three words: "They've found us."
- Edgar Wright as a rebel soldier: Yep, the Baby Driver director absolutely pops up in the film in "a grubby resistance costume" on Crait.
- Noah Segan as X-Wing pilot Starck: Segan is a cool addition because he's appeared in a ton of other projects by Rian Johnson (The Last Jedi's director). You can spot him in Looper, Brick, and on Breaking Bad. In The Last Jedi, he's an X-Wing pilot who gets blown to bits by the First Order.
- Ellie Goulding as a Resistance soldier: Goulding confirmed her cameo in a tweet, noting that she's a member of the rebel army.
A Few Special Star Wars Extras
- Frank Oz as Yoda: Surprise! Yoda is in The Last Jedi, something that was long suspected by fans. Not only is he an icon in his own right, but he also viced Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Phantom Menace, and Attack of the Clones. That's pretty epic.
- Andrew Jack as General Ematt: In Star Wars terms, you'll recognize Jack as the Resistance dude who struts across the snow on Crait as the rebels prepare to hold off the First Order. But in even greater Star Wars terms, he's a pretty prolific dialect coach! He worked on The Last Jedi, Rogue One, and The Force Awakens, and he has 100 additional credits in doing the same thing.
- Gareth Edwards as a Resistance trench fighter: Remember the guy who tastes the salty red stuff on Crait? Edwards is the soldier he speaks to in this moment. The cool thing about this man is he directed Rogue One!
- Warwick Davis as Wodobin: Davis is a legendary Star Wars actor, having played an Ewok in Return of the Jedi. This time around, Warwick plays Wodobin; he can be spotted with the other two members of his trio, Thodibin and Dodibin.