A Halloween Costume Guide For Wes Anderson Fans
Wes Anderson movies inspire fervent fans, so why not let it inspire your Halloween costume? It's a little more hipster-y of a choice than other pop culture costumes, and a look other Anderson fans will appreciate. So will you be someone from The Royal Tenenbaums or Rushmore, or this year's Moonrise Kingdom? Check out the inspiration from these stylish films, and if you want DIY ideas, we can help!
Margot Tenenbaum From The Royal Tenenbaums
- What to wear: A polo shirtdress and a fur coat. Wear your hair short with a barrette, and line your eyes with lots of black liner. And pretend like you're missing a finger.
- How to act: Distant and cool.
M. Gustave From The Grand Budapest Hotel
- What to wear: A purple concierge uniform and a fancy little mustache.
- How to act: Accommodating and clever; offer to help everyone you come across with something.
Max Fischer From Rushmore
- What to wear: A blue jacket with a shirt and tie underneath. Wear glasses and have a red cap handy.
- How to act: Like a pretentious smart-ass.
Sam From Moonrise Kingdom
- What to wear: Boy Scout duds like a khaki button-down, shorts, and a bandanna around your neck. Top it off with a coonskin cap, glasses, and a backpack.
- How to act: Like a lovestruck teen.
Steve Zissou From The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou
- What to wear: A light blue short-sleeved shirt and matching pants. Add a little red knit cap.
- How to act: Pompous but good-hearted. Talk about your discoveries at sea.
Richie Tenenbaum From The Royal Tenenbaums
- What to wear: A tan jacket and pants, aviators, and a sweatband. Grow or draw in facial hair.
- How to act: Quirky. Carry around a stuffed hawk.
Fantastic Mr. Fox
- What to wear: Just put on a suit and a fox mask. Simple as that.
- How to act: Sly, wild, and adventurous. Make it known that you're up for anything.
Suzy From Moonrise Kingdom
- What to wear: A retro dress with a drop waist, white collar, and long sleeves. Knee socks. Pull your hair back, and sling a pair of binoculars around your neck.
- How to act: Bored, romantic, naive, and like you might run off at any moment.
Jack, Peter, and Francis From The Darjeeling Limited
- What to wear for Jack: A dark suit and black shirt, with a lei on top, plus long hair and a mustache. And a lei. Everyone gets a lei!
- What to wear for Peter: A gray suit with a white shirt and a pair of yellow-tinted glasses.
- What to wear for Francis: A dark suit and shirt, plus a bandage that goes all the way around your head.
- How to act: Bicker, but like family.
Agatha From The Grand Budapest Hotel
- What to wear: A retro dress with your hair in two milkmaid braids. Draw a birthmark on your face in the shape of Mexico and splash some flour on your face.
- How to act: Shy and efficient.
Eli Cash From The Royal Tenenbaums
- What to wear: A Western shirt with a fringed jacket and a gray cowboy hat.
- How to act: A little wild and eccentric.
Chas Tenenbaum From The Royal Tenenbaums
- What to wear: A red tracksuit and a curly wig. Get two child look-alikes to complete the costume.
- How to act: Angry, like the world has wronged you.