- 1¼ cups whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
½ cup white sugar
1 large egg
½ cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a doughnut pan and lightly dust it with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a standing mixer (or in a bowl using a hand mixer), cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg, buttermilk, and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared doughnut pan (filling each well three-quarters full).
- Bake for 14 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly pressed.
- Snacks, Kids
- North American