This is one of the first dishes we learned to make without our dad, which made us feel pretty good. This dish is practically made for a family meal, so you can eat, share, and have fun with very sloppy Sloppy Joes.
Serves 4 to 6 people
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 ½ pounds ground chuck
5 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons sugar
One 12-ounce jar of mild salsa
6 hamburger buns
1. Place a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and rub it onto the bottom of the pan with a paper towel and tongs.
2. Add the ground beef, and while it’s cooking, break it up with something like the back of a spoon. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add the remaining ingredients except for the buns, and mix while still chopping the mixture up with the spoon.
4. When the liquids start to simmer, reduce the heat to low and cook for 4 minutes.
5. Then open the buns and stuff in the meat.
- Main Dishes, Beef
- North American