Adding cheese to your baby’s purées is an excellent way to ensure a concentrated source of calories that will help fuel her rapid growth in the ﬁrst year. This tasty purée is bursting with Fall ﬂavors.
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
2-inch piece of leek, sliced
½ small sweet potato, peeled and diced (about 11⁄3 cups)
1 cup boiling water
2 good-sized cauliﬂower ﬂorets, cut into 4 small pieces
¼ cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
1. Heat the butter in a pan and add the leek. Sauté gently until softened, about 3 minutes.
2. Add the sweet potato, pour the boiling water over the top, bring back to a boil, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the cauliﬂower, reduce the heat to medium, cover, and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Purée the contents of the pan in a food processor together with the shredded cheese.
4. Freeze in individual portions. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or for 1–2 hours at room temperature; microwave or reheat in a pan until piping hot. Stir and allow to cool before serving.
- Side Dishes
- North American