- 1 dozen chocolate cupcakes
1/4 cup store-bought chocolate flavor frosting
Chocolate sugar sprinkles
120 chocolate Pocky stick cookies (from 4 or 5 x 2.8-ounce boxes, such as Lu or Glico)
- Bake your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe and cool completely.
- Spread a little chocolate buttercream over each of the cupcakes.
- Put some chocolate sprinkles into a bowl and dip the cupcakes upside down into the sprinkles so that they stick to the buttercream.
- To make the legs, take the Pocky sticks and cut off the piece not covered with chocolate. Cut a quarter of the sticks in half . Stick four short lengths of Pocky sticks on each side of the spider's body, then melt the chocolate. Dip one end of each of the long and the short Pocky sticks into the chocolate and arrange them on trays or baking sheets lined with greaseproof or baking paper so that they attach at an angle of about100 degrees and allow the chocolate to set. The melted chocolate will harden as it cools keeping the legs stuck together. Push one end of the short Pocky stick leg into the body of the spider and then repeat until you get four legs either side.
- Finish off with Licorice Allsort eyes.
- Desserts, Cupcakes
- North American