- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
7 ounces potatoes
6 ounces salmon fillet, skinned and chopped into small pieces
3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
2 teaspoons ketchup
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons dill, chopped
5 tablespoons fresh white breadcrumbs
Canola oil for frying
- Crumb Coating
2 eggs beaten
1 1/2 cups spoon size shredded wheat
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Sliced hard boiled eggs
Sugar snap peas
- Peel the potatoes & boil for 20-25 minutes until soft. Drain & mash.
- Mix together the ingredients for the fish cakes with 5 tbsp of breadcrumbs. Season well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 balls, chill if possible for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Put the shredded wheat into a processor & whiz to fine crumbs. Add the Parmesan & pulse to combine. Dip the fish cakes in the beaten egg, then coat in the crumb mixture.
- Dip in egg once again & coat in the crumb mixture.
- Put the balls onto a cutting board or tray and make into a fish shape.
- Heat 2 tbsp of canola oil in a frying pan. Fry the fish cakes for 2-3 minutes on both sides until golden brown & the salmon is cooked through.
- Place the fish cakes on a plate. Decorate with a slice of boiled egg & a pea for the eyes, halved sugar snap pea for the mouth, parsley for the fins & sliced radish for the air bubbles.Serve on a sea of peas.
- Main Dishes, Fish
- North American