Besides yolks, there is another by-product of the Easter egg dying process that usually gets tossed to compost — the egg crate.
Instead of throwing it away, use it to craft up something floral with your lil ones. They will enjoy making something out of nothing and you'll get a nifty centerpiece out of it. To see how to make the eggcellent masterpiece, read more.
Items you will need:
- Egg crate
- Scissors (with fun edges if you want)
- Green and other colored pipe cleaners
- Crinkled paper or cellophane grass
Now you are ready to begin making your eggtastic bouquet!
- Cut the egg cartons into single cups.
- Paint the cup and let it dry.
- Poke a tiny hole in the bottom of the cup.
- Pull the green pipe cleaner through the bottom of the cup and make a small loop to keep it in place.
- Use another color pipe cleaner and wrap it around the green to create a pretty eye-popping center.
- Fill your vase with the crinkled paper or cellophane grass and place the flowers in the middle.
Voila! Enjoy the poppy inspired flower arrangements!