- 2 Devil's Food Cake Mixes
12 teaspoons water, divided
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 Chocolate Frosting Mixes (water as per directions)
1/2 cup minimarshmallows (approximately 40 pieces), 20 cut in half lengthwise
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Plug in Easy Bake Ultimate Oven, and turn it on. Preheat for 20 minutes.
- Spray baking pan with cooking spray, and spread it evenly. Set aside.
- Make the cake batter: Pour 1 Devil's Food Cake Mix and 6 teaspoons of water into a bowl. Break up any lumps, and stir until smooth. Add chopped walnuts and chocolate chips, and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into the baking pan. Spread evenly using the back of a spoon or a small offset spatula.
- Follow Easy Bake Baking Basics directions. Baking time: 20 minutes (instead of 16).
- After removing the cake from the oven, let it cool completely. Once it's cool, slide a butter knife around the edge of the cake, and remove it from the pan onto a flat plate, upside down. Set aside.
- Hand-wash the baking pan, spray again, and repeat with the other Devil's Food Cake Mix.
- While the cake is baking, make the frosting: Pour three chocolate frosting mixes and 3 teaspoons of water into a bowl. Break up any lumps, and stir until smooth.
- Using a small spoon or offset spatula, frost the top of the first cake with about 1/3 of the frosting mix in an even layer.
- Place the 20 halved marshmallows, in four lines of 10 halves, across the cake, flat side down. Top with the second cake, upside down, pressing lightly to secure it. Frost the top of the cake using another 1/3 of the frosting mix. Then carefully frost all sides. Scatter the remaining marshmallows over the top of the cake, and gently press the chopped walnuts against the sides to cover before serving.
- North American