- 2 Tbsp Vegetable or Canola Oil, divided
1 Large Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Lb Lean Ground Beef
1-15 Oz Can White Beans, rinsed and drained
1-15 Oz Can Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
1-15 Oz Can Pinto Beans, rinsed and drained
1-15 Oz Can Blacks Beans, rinsed and drained
1-28 Oz Can Chopped Tomatoes with Juice,
2-15 Oz Can Tomato Juice
2 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 Tbsp Cumin
2 Bay Leaves
2 Tsp Salt
- Accompaniments: Sour Cream, Yogurt, Grated Cheddar Cheese, Scallions
1. In a sauté pan under medium heat place 1 tbsp of oil and sauté onions for 3 minutes. Add minced garlic and sauté another minute until the onions start to caramelize then remove and place in a crock pot.
2. In the same saute pan, add another tbsp of oil and sauté the ground beef for 5 minutes breaking down the beef with a wooden spoon until cooked through and most of its juice has evaporated.
3. Add the cooked beef and the remaining ingredients to the pot and stir to combine.
4. Cover and cook the chili on low for 8 hours.
5. Top with desired accompaniments and serve.
- Soups/Stews, Chili
- North American