- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup cooked black beans
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1/4 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking dish with the butter and set aside.
- Place 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until the chocolate is melted.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Purée the beans with the oil in a blender.
- Add the eggs, cocoa, granulated sugar, coffee, vanilla, and melted chocolate and purée until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and pulse just until incorporated.
- Scrape the mixture into a medium bowl and stir in the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake until the surface is somewhat matte around the edges and still glossy in the center, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing into 12 squares.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve.
- Snacks, Kids
- North American
- 12 brownies