- 2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 ripe bananas
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 sticks melted unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat oven at 350⁰F and grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt, and set aside.
- In another bowl, use a fork to mash the bananas and then use an electric mixer to combine melted butter, eggs, and sugar; beat well and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the bowl with the banana, eggs, butter, and sugar.
- Fold in the nuts and mix for additional 20 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for an hour in a preheated oven or until golden brown.
- Insert a toothpick in the center (to ensure it comes out dry) and remove bread from oven.
- Set aside bread and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Snacks, Kids
- North American