When I moved to the Bay Area, my friend Jennifer's family had me over for this steak. It was love at first bite! Recently, Jen made it for us with our kids, and I was reminded why it's such a whole-family favorite. The simple marinade leaves you with the most tender and flavorful steak you've ever eaten, and after 12 minutes or less on the grill, dinner is served!
Keep reading for the tasty recipe!
- 1/3 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1⁄2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 (3-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Combine first six ingredients in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Add steak. Seal bag, and turn to coat steak. Marinate in refrigerator overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove bag from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for one hour.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill six minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
Amanda Haas is a cookbook author, cooking video host, and the founder of One Family One Meal, a website that helps families menu plan, grocery shop, and cook on a budget. Her cookbook, Real Family Food, features this and other delicious family-friendly recipes, as well as simple tips for bringing your family together around the table and a strategy for meal planning, budgeting, and shopping.
- Main Dishes, Beef
- Other Asian