- 2 Large Eggs, whisked
1 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
1 Tsp Oil
1/4 Cup Beans (preferably pinto or black beans)
1/2 Cup Mexican Cheese Blend (or Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Mozzarella)
1. Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl with 1 tbsp of cilantro.
2. Place 1 tsp of oil in a 9-inch pan over medium heat, coating the bottom of the pan (make sure to use a pan that is at least slightly larger than your tortilla).
3. Pour in the whisked eggs, tilting the pan to spread evenly across.
4. Let the omelette cook for 20 seconds, sprinkle the beans on top then let it cook for another 20 seconds and using your spatula, gently to go along the edges of the omelette, lifting them away from the pan to loosen.
5. Sprinkle 2 tbsp of cheese on top of the omelette, place one tortilla on top of the egg and cheese and flip it onto a plate.
6. Slide the omelette, tortilla side-down, back into the pan, sprinkle another 2 tbsp of cheese on top of the egg and place another tortilla on top to cover.
7. Continue to cook the quesadilla for 1 minute, pressing down lightly with a spatula to help melt the cheese, then flip the quesadilla to cook the other side for an additional 30 seconds or until cheese melts and tortilla is golden.
8. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa.
- North American