- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 3/4 cups chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground round
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups hot cooked long-grain white rice
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite-cut diced tomatoes with jalapeños
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 ounces shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add beef; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain, and return to pan.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, and salt. Add rice, tomatoes, and beans; cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 1 minute or until cheese melts. Serves 8 (serving size: about 1 cup)
Hands-On Time: 22 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
- Main Dishes