You will be amazed at some of the flavors that will appeal to your baby, so be sure to introduce mild spices to add variety to her diet.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
¼ tsp fresh ginger, shredded (optional)
1½ tsp mild curry paste
Scant ½ cup unsalted fresh chicken stock or water
Scant ½ cup coconut milk
4 dried apricots, coarsely chopped
¼ small butternut squash, peeled and finely diced
(about 1 1/3 cups)
1 small chicken breast, cut into small cubes
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and ginger, if using, and sauté gently, stirring for five minutes. Add the curry paste and sauté, stirring for 30 seconds.
2. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for about 12 minutes until the squash is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
3. Puree until smooth in a food processor or place in a bowl and use a hand blender. For older babies, chop in a food processor or by hand to the desired consistency.
4. Freeze in individual portions. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or for one to two hours at room temperature. Microwave or reheat in a pan until piping hot. Stir and allow to cool before serving.
Makes three to four portions. Suitable from 6 months.
- Poultry, Main Dishes