Bite sized and delicious, what more could a girl ask for?
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound ground beef
1 pound Italian sausage
1 cup minced onion
3 gloves garlic, crushed
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
2 (6.5 ounce) cans tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
1 tablespoon salt (or more to taste)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
12 lasagna noodles
16 ounces ricotta cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 bags (approximately) shredded mozzarella
Lots of grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on high. When hot, add onion and garlic and heat on medium. When starting to brown, add ground beef and sausage. When all is well browned, drain liquid and transfer to a large pot. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and water. Season with basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt, and pepper. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours to reduce and thicken sauce, stirring occasionally.
- Fill another large pot with water. Add drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bring to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles and rinse with cold water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, egg, Italian parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and approximately 1 cup grated Parmesan.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray the cupcake pan with cooking spray
- Line each cupcake tin with two lasagna noodles that you wrap around the tin to make a cupcake holder base
- In the center, add the meat sauce, ricotta mixture, mozzarella and Parmesan
- Cover with foil and bake for about 15-20 minutes (until the cheese is melted and bubbling, but not burnt).
- Pasta, Main Dishes