Women Forced to Pump Under Disgusting Circumstances
There's never a shortage of news in the parenting world — from differing parenting styles to new studies and beyond. But there are only so many hours in the day, and we can't cover every story that catches our eyes. Take a look at the seven stories you may have missed this week but need to read.
- Does your office provide a private, safe space for new moms who need to pump? Then consider yourself lucky. One reporter recently dug through hundreds of complaints filed with the Labor Department and discovered the disgusting, degrading situations women often find themselves in when they have to pump at work.
- Will Barbie ever catch a break? The popular doll sparked controversy this week when Mattel announced a partnership with the Girl Scouts of the United States of America. Despite the positive message behind the partnership, people believe Barbie is a bad role model for the organization's members.
- If your kids are already dreading the return to school, this music video may get them in the mood. Edgar Camago, a third-grade teacher in San Francisco, created a feel-good song using sounds from the classroom and some help from his musically inclined students.
- Many moms have dealt with their child throwing a tantrum in public, but very few have had to face the police as a result. One mom shared the story of her near arrest while she was trying to calm down her autistic son.
- Most dads humor their daughters' dreams of becoming a princess by buying them a plastic tiara and referring to them as "Your Majesty." But one dad traveled all the way to Egypt to make his little girl's dream come true.
- Is pink the new blue? Though the color has always be associated with little ladies, a new clothing line is letting people know that anyone — boys included — is free to wear pink.
- It's a question moms across the country have asked for years. Is organic food really better for kids? While several studies suggest that all produce is good produce, there are actually several benefits to choosing organic options whenever you can.