JetBlue Kicked a Family of 5 Off a Plane – and The "Reason" Is Absolutely Infuriating

click to play video

Traveling with three small children is no easy feat, and if you manage to get through a flight with only a handful of tantrums, you'd normally consider yourself lucky.

Unfortunately for the Raanan family — who had boarded a JetBlue flight from Fort Lauderdale back home to New York — all it took was a few accidental seat kicks from their 1-year-old daughter Eden to get them all kicked off the plane.

According to Local10 News, the family was heading home after a wedding when Eden began kicking a passenger's seat. The mom, Mandy Ifrah Raanan, said she apologized to the passenger — who allegedly told the parents to "tie your kid's feet" — and they exchanged words before the passenger changed seats.

It was at this point, after the altercation had ended, that a JetBlue employee approached the family of five and told them to exit the plane.

"Did anything happen?" Mandy asked her fellow passengers while her husband recorded a video. "Honestly, did anything physical happen?" In the video, you can hear several voices saying, "No."

Still, the Raanans were forced off the plane, and what happened next was even more infuriating.

click to play video

In the second video, the family confronts the airline employee and asks why there were kicked off the plane.

"So, when I asked you kindly . . ." he begins.

But the parents pushed further, demanding to know why the airline worker approached them to begin with — before they were asked to leave the aircraft. "I want my kids home to New York," Mandy said. "My baby's hungry. She's starving."

After the father Tamir's repeated attempts to understand "the reason" the family was kicked off the plane, they never got an answer.

At that point, uniformed police officers stepped in to give the parents their options — including suing JetBlue — and to make it clear they weren't getting home on JetBlue that night.

They had to find their own overnight accomodations. Worse, their luggage — they had checked all their children's belongings — was still on the now-departed plane, and they wouldn't be able to get it until they were back in New York.

Although Tamir asked no fewer than a dozen times for a reason, the supervisor never offered up more than "because" and "if you want more information, call the airline." JetBlue, however, released a statement about the July 2 incident:

After a verbal altercation that included physical threats and profanities against a nearby customer, the aircraft door was reopened and our airports team politely asked the customers to step off to discuss the situation. The customers refused repeated requests and our crewmembers deplaned the entire aircraft. Law enforcement escorted them out of the gate area and we provided a refund. The customers were not removed due to the actions of their children. We are investigating whether the customers' behavior warrants restrictions on JetBlue travel and we thank our crewmembers for their professional handling of this unfortunate incident.