Reese Witherspoon and Jim Toth: Traveling With an Infant
In January, Reese Witherspoon and Jim Toth took the whole family to Hawaii to ring in the New Year. Though baby Tennessee was just 2 months old at the time, Reese seemed relaxed and happy to be away with her kids and new hubby. Here's how to make sure that your baby's first vacation is just as successful.
Tips For Traveling With an Infant:
- While an infant may seem young to be trotting the globe, this is actually a great age to take a baby on a trip. By 3 months, they're less sensitive than they were during their first weeks, and they're still pretty portable.
- Even if you're usually laid-back, bring along a first-aid kit and emergency contact sheet with all of your baby's medical information.
- If you're flying and the change in air pressure seems to bother your baby, breastfeed or offer a bottle or pacifier.
- If you're going away for more than a few days, wait until you arrive at your destination to buy diapers, or have them shipped to your hotel via Diapers.com — it'll save you a ton of space in your luggage. Just make sure you have enough with you for the journey there!
- Bring an extra outfit (or two) for the baby and an extra top for you in your carry-on so that you're prepared for spit-up or leaking diapers on the plane.