2011 Fall New York Fashion Week: Peter Som
Peter Som is designed for the girl who loves a little quirkiness in her otherwise ladylike wardrobe. Exhibit A: Olivia Palermo in gray trousers, a bright fuchsia blouse, and a shortsleeve jacket in the front row. Fall 2011 went uptown with a dose of humor, as in a gray pea coat with fur sleeves and a fur back, and metallic trousers mixed with a boyish checked blazer and orange sweater. While a peplum coat felt a bit dated, the mink-lined twill parkas were just the kind of uptown/downtown mix today's sophisticates love. Luxurious fabrics and details — lacquered jersey, mink, paillettes, and sequins — made for a richly textured collection with a fresh sense of whimsy. Final thought: Peter's finale dress, a crisp pewter sequin shortsleeve gown, would be a stunner on the red carpet.
- Trends: Jacquard, fur detailing, sequins, the casual skirt suit, peplum.
- Colors: Orange, metallics, graphic prints, navy, black, gray.
- Key Looks: A short-sleeve twill parka over an orange tweed skirt suit.
- Accessories: Bright, two-tone Charlotte Olympia shoes.
- Who Would Wear It: Olivia Palermo and young socialites.