Acne Spring 2013
Jonny Johansson mixed things up for Acne's Spring '13 collection. While we're used to seeing hard-edged designs from the brand, this season's collection showed more relaxed silhouettes with a Western-tinged aesthetic. In comes the flowy lavender dip-dye maxi skirts paired with tees emblazoned with the word "music" — fitting, especially with the great ABBA and Neil Young playing in the background — as well as striped suiting with cowboy hats and bell-sleeved blouses. However, there were some signature subversive looks in the way of buckled leather jackets and vests, slick front-slit trousers, and sheer tailored tops sure to please Acne's cult following. We especially loved the navy and white colorblock leather vest paired with the indigo slit-front trousers and sheer blouse. More details from the collection below.
- Trends: Stripes, colorblock, leather, bell sleeves.
- Colors: Orange, black, red, white, gray, navy, lavender.
- Key Piece: The navy and white colorblock vest paired with the tweed slit trousers.
- Accessories: Strappy sandal boots, ankle strap sandals, platform sandals, cowboy hats, round sunglasses..
- Who Should Wear It: Girls who crave a subversive twist like Rihanna and Lady Gaga.