Alberta Ferretti kept it simple and sleek for Fall 2012, both in color palette and in silhouette, but "simple" certainly doesn't equate to "boring" here. The plethora of sheer purples, royal blues, and crimson reds told a very rich story — one that we envision a strong, sophisticated, albeit ultra-ladylike style setter won't be able to get enough of come next cold-weather season. More specifically, the seashell-textured bodices attached to diaphanous chiffon ball skirts, monochromatic feather embellishments, and delicate sheer cocktail dresses all exuded a sensuous glamour that rightfully belongs on the red carpet. Oscars, anyone? The attention paid to lengthening shape via vertical paneling and textured piping was a strategic styling move, but more importantly, it's just a super flattering look. Whether you're a total girlie girl or more strong-willed in your fashion preferences, there's a pronounced shoulder, frilly beaded detail, and slick topper to fit the bill.
- Trends: Delicate sheer sheaths, menswear-inspired outerwear, pronounced shoulders, and vertical paneling.
- Colors: Purple, black, white, crimson, and royal blue.
- Key Piece: The presence of pretty purples built into feminine pieces like this sheer cocktail dress were a sweet surprise. Also, we loved the intricate bead-and-feather detailing found on a handful of the black frocks.
- Accessories: Round sunglasses, opera-length leather gloves, pointy-toe boots and pumps, and luxe clutches.
- Who Would Wear It: We picture Rooney Mara taking on the stronger silhouettes and celebs like Kate Beckinsale and Leighton Meester donning the floor-length gowns.