Alexander Wang Spring 2013
Alexander Wang always has something up his sleeve, and Spring '13 didn't disappoint. Looking beyond the horizon, the boy wonder produced a sporty, futuristic lineup of skin-baring cutout dresses, metallic bombers, and a lot of leather. Oversize, structured cuts dominated Wang's athletic mood — we couldn't take our eyes off the white rubberized twill parka — lending an intrinsically new-age aesthetic, further exemplified through laser-cut, fish line, rubber, and mesh details. Also to note were the sexy, liquid metallic knits paired up with croc-embossed skirts. Wang's seasonal zinger? As the lights went off at the end of the show, models stood statuesque as Wang's collection came to glow-in-the-dark life. Suffice to say, the crowd went wild. Welcome to the future, people.
- Trends: Leather, crop tops, sheer details, cutouts, futuristic fabrics.
- Colors: Black, white, metallic silver, tan.
- Key Piece: The white rubberized twill parka and sheer paneled dress looked amazing.
- Accessories: Strappy boot sandals, boxy woven bags, plastic baseball helmets.
- Who Should Wear It: This collection isn't for the wallflower. Lady Gaga, Rihanna, and daring top models like Hanne Gaby Odiele.