Don't be deterred by Ann Demeulemeester's Fall 2012 tough-girl exterior and Edward Scissorhands-inspired coifs, this collection was chock-full of gorgeously elegant dresses, skirts with expertly deconstructed pleats, and perfectly structured outerwear. Like our antihero Edward Scissorhands, we think this blue- and black-hued lineup shows off a mean-looking exterior at first glance, but the sum of its parts are acutely beautiful with a serious dose of edge and excellent tailoring upon further examination. Be sure to take note of the standout styles: high-necked, floor-sweeping frocks paired with leather opera-length gloves, slick leather pants tucked into slouchy thigh-high moto boots, and biker-inspired jackets featuring slim sleeves and asymmetrical folds. See below for more Ann Demeulemeester details.
- Trends: Deconstructed pleats, strong outerwear, long sweeping dresses, thigh-high boots, and leather pants.
- Colors: Black and midnight blue.
- Key Piece: No Winter wardrobe should be without one of Ann Demeulemeester's utilitarian-chic coats.
- Accessories: Opera-length gloves and thigh-high boots.
- Who Would Wear It: Ladies who prefer strong silhouettes and a dark color palette, like Rooney Mara and Liv Tyler.