BCBG Max Azria Fall 2013 Runway
Gypsies and contemporary artist Phil Frost were the inspiration points for BCBG Max Azria's Fall '13 collection, culminating in a cool lineup of the brand's diaphanous silhouettes and high-impact prints, this time coupled with tougher, sportier outerwear — and beanies for every look. Max Azria's girl was a little grunge this season (and it wasn't just the knit caps), with nods to the '90s in cropped, boxy parkas with hoods, and flowy dresses over pants. But that doesn't mean they lost sight of their softer side. The easy femininity that the label is known for came through in the fluidity of dresses, tunics, and blouses, which also maintained BCBG's attention to pattern and detail, even on bright colors and striped furs. What will make every girl want to wear it is the artful way textures and silhouettes are layered, an effortless juxtaposition that's tough, then easy — and quintessentially downtown.
- Trends: Grunge — dresses over pants, leather.
- Colors: Rich blue, black, white, and burgundy.
- Shoes: Thigh-high cutout leather boots.
- Who should wear it: Kate Bosworth could pull off the beanies, boots, and dresses over pants (all at once), no problem.
- Editors' pick: We would be pairing the multicolored furry vests with everything we own right now.