Belstaff Spring 2013
Inspired by vintage travel cases, Martin Cooper portrayed the ultimate sense of utilitarian luxe for Belstaff's Spring '13 collection. It was all about breathing new life into the brand's classics as the designer remixed the classic Belstaff Trialmaster jacket in linen and stripes. The latter also found its way onto breezy shirt dresses and louche pants. Meanwhile, perforated leather jackets, tops, and skirts provided a luxurious (and breathable) option for wearing Spring's leather trend without having to sweat it out. "We’re exploring the feminine side of the brand,” said Cooper. That said, he came, he sought, and he conquered.
- Trends: Utilitarian, shirt dresses, perforated leather, jacquard.
- Colors: White, gray, brown, military green, cardamom, bronze, egg shell.
- Key Piece: The striped heritage Speedmaster jacket paired with a matching skirt.
- Accessories: Suede and linen ankle wrap wedges with zipper detailing.
- Who Should Wear It: The short suits and silky shirt dresses has Zoe Saldana's name written all over it.