I officially declare 2008 as the year of the celebrity designer. Seriously, who didn't try their hand at fashion designing? Some granted rave reviews, others, well, you tell me. From reality stars to actresses to singers, these celebrities all had something to say about style this year. Nicole Richie offered up her affordable line of chic jewels, The Hills girl Whitney Port debuted her designing talent with Eve & A, and even LL Cool J grabbed a piece of the action with his Sears line! That's only the tip of the fashion iceberg, keep on scrolling to see all this year's celebrity designing endeavors.
- Avril Lavigne launched her junior apparel line, Abbey Dawn, for Kohl's in July.
- Lauren Conrad showed her first Lauren Conrad Collection at LA Fashion Week.
- Rachel Bilson reached out to DKNY and created her Edie Rose for DKNY Jeans collection.
- Whitney Port created her contemporary line dubbed Eve & A.
- Ashlee Simpson partnered up with Wet Seal to design a collection of tops.
For more designer collaborations of 2008,
- Rihanna revealed a fashion line is in the works.
- Nicole Richie designed a costume-jewelry line.
- Madonna created a bling-bling knuckle ring with Swiss jeweler Chopard.
- Spice Girl Mel B started a clothing line called Catty Couture.
- Elizabeth Hurley designed a swimwear line for Mango.
- Mischa Barton Mischa Barton created her own handbag collection.
- LL Cool J launched an apparel line with Sears.
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen expanded their designing endeavors with Robert Lee Morris to create an accessories collection named Robert Lee Morris for Elizabeth and James.
- Kristin Davis created a namesake brand for Southern retailer Belk Inc.
- Jessica Simpson forayed with a lingerie line and dress line
- Lindsay Lohan created a popular leggings line.
- Janet Jackson got cheeky and announced her lingerie line.
- Victoria Beckham started a dress collection.
- Usher announced he will be launching a lingerie line.
- Beyonce added a jewelry collection to her clothing line, House of Deréon.
- Sofia Coppola designed handbags for Louis Vuitton.
- M.I.A. just debuted her funky clothing line Okley by M.I.A.