This year, our condolences were not only extended to people, they were also given to businesses. It was the gasp heard around the world when Yves Saint Laurent passed in June . Mr. Blackwell, the man known for his annual worst-dressed list, also left us, as did Pinup queen Bettie Page. But more shocking were the deaths of longstanding retail stores such as Mervyn's and Steve & Barry's. What's more, Bill Blass decided to close its doors and the great Valentino Gharavani retired. Let's pay homage.
- Valentino bids adieu to the fashion world .
- Rest In Peace  Yves Saint Laurent.
- Rest In Peace  Mr. Blackwell.
- Rest In Peace  Mervyn's.
To see the rest, .
- Steve & Barry's' final blow .
- RIP  Pinup queen Bettie Page.
- The end of  Bill Blass.
Source , Source , and Source