The Designer Sale Items You Should Invest In — and the Ones to Skip
With the slew of end-of-season sale alerts hitting our inboxes, we thought it would be an opportune time to share our smart shopping tips before you spend all of that hard-earned cash. We all love a designer deal, but which pieces are really worth the investment? Of course, a big part of that is at your own sartorial (and budgetary) discretion, but here are some quick and easy tips to abide by. Basics like designer outerwear and shoes are always great investment pieces — quality really shows here — and so are bags. Also, resist the temptation of buying something just because it's on sale. Read our quick tips below, then shop our 14 designer sale picks that really are worth your money. Repeat after us: there's nothing worse than buyer's remorse.
- Do invest in that designer piece you've had your eye on this season, but make sure it's something you know you'll love forever, like a gorgeous Winter coat, boots, or a stunning piece of jewelry.
- Don't waste your money on a trendy item you'll only wear for one season, i.e. colorful fur jackets, printed jeans, or crazy colors.
- Do invest in a pair of amazing footwear. Instead of buying 20 pairs of cheaply made shoes, invest in a pair of amazing designer heels. These beauties stand the test of time and are made with the utmost quality and care.
- Don't buy that designer sale piece just for the label's sake. Designer sale items are still pricey, and there's nothing worse than buyer's remorse.
- Do experiment. The best part about buying designer is wearing an item no one else has. So take that risk and buy that statement piece — as long as it looks good on you, you can't go wrong.
- Don't buy the wrong size. Quantity and sizes are limited with designer sale pieces, and while it's tempting to nab that last pair of Rag & Bone boots in size 9 when you're really a size 7 1/2, just don't do it.