Boy. by Band of Outsiders Spring 2013
Inspired by the Japanese film Battle Royale, Scott Sternberg's Boy. by Band of Outsiders Spring '13 lineup was decidedly militant — models even bared war paint on their faces — with a beachy twist. There were a lot of smart, army-green, epaulet-embellished blazers paired with macramé tops, breezy maxi skirts and loose, ankle-tie trousers emoting an effortlessly cool look. However, it was Sternberg's use of Shibori prints that really captivated the audience. Dipping in blue hues, the designer utilized the Japanese dyeing technique to create a refreshing array of tailored blazers, shorts, and sharp wrap skirts, some of which took on a cool, denim-like effect. While others, like an indigo-blue Shibori-printed drawstring-shorts-and-top combo, practically glistened as it made its way down the runway.
- Trends: Dip-dye, military, macramé, loose trousers.
- Colors: Army green, blue, white, navy, indigo.
- Key Piece: The Shibori-printed drawstring-shorts-and-top combo.
- Accessories: Lace-up gladiator shoes made in collaboration with Manolo Blahnik, drop earrings, wrap bracelets.
- Who Should Wear It: It's all about effortless, tailored cool. We can see Kirsten Dunst and Kate Bosworth sporting some of those Shibori prints on the streets.