Carolina Herrera delivered her quintessential elegance in brilliant red gowns, shimmering red-carpet-worthy dresses, and refined separates for her Fall collection. Pleasing both the celebrity clientele and polished working women, Herrera displayed her magnitude for the classics and modernity in one graceful swoop. Classic ballgowns were sharpened with angles and diaphanous silk dresses were swept with artistic brush-stroke prints, most of which were cinched in with Japanese obi-inspired belts. Meanwhile, for the working class, Herrera paired knee-length wool skirts with an array of sparkly, fur, and feathered sweaters, cropped jackets, and wrap coats doused in one of our favorite color combos: navy and black. More details from the collection below.
- Trends: Black and navy color combos, full skirts.
- Colors: Black, navy, red, gray, purple, mauve.
- Key Piece: We can't wait to see one of the architectural ballgowns on the Oscars red carpet.
- Accessories: Wrap obi belts, wedge pumps, long leather gloves.
- Who Would Wear It: Michelle Obama would look amazing in the skirt suits, and we'd like to see front-row attendee Renée Zellweger in one of Carolina's magical ballgowns.