Carven Spring 2013
Every season, Carven's Guillaume Henry gives the girls just what they want, and no doubt, his whimsical, ladylike Spring '13 collection is sure to have the same effect. The show was filled with chic suit sets highlighting expertly tailored blazers and full skirts, bright red cropped wide-leg trousers were paired with belly-baring knits, and of course, almost every look was completed with adorable collars. Dresses highlighted the designer's penchant for cool cutouts, and this time, they were cut in wing-like shapes highlighting the chest and midriff in an array of printed fit-and-flare shirt dresses, gorgeous lace tea-length dresses, and long-sleeved shifts. The most intricate look, however, came from a slate-blue, laser-cut leather embossed dress. More leather looks came from tan patent leather bomber jackets paired with silk pencil skirts, slim-fit blazers, and full skirts. And for his dressier, red-carpet crowd, Guillaume finished off the show with refined dresses showing intricate cutout detailing at the bodice, which are sure to make a show-stopping presence on the red carpet or wherever your day might take you.
- Trends: Cutouts, collars, leather, crop tops.
- Colors: Red, navy, eggshell, sage, moss, tan, burgundy.
- Key Piece: The embossed leather dress with the adorable matching collar.
- Accessories: Chunky, patent ankle-strap platforms, oversize sunglasses, leather and printed clutches.
- Who Should Wear It: The quirky ladylike set; Alexa Chung, Emma Stone, and Michelle Williams.