Céline Fall 2012
Through her signature minimalist lens, Phoebe Philo brought forth a sportier chic with the season's call to volume on wide boxy coats and cropped leather jackets for Céline's Fall 2012 collection. There was a subtle departure here from Philo's typical stuff — though it may even be an exaggeration to suggest it's a deviation at all. Rather, Philo enhanced her usual minimalist-chic with a few bold pops of color and a little luxe texture. Shapes were wide and boxy in Céline's signature fashion, but we did get a taste of bold flavor on fuchsia-washed fur on a long coat and a puffed up sweatshirt-style top. The usual fare was a simplified, albeit volume-injected exercise in androgynous outerwear silhouettes, cropped pants, and slouchy track pants. In every pared-down piece, from the leather shells to the streamlined clutches each model had in hand, Philo honed her craft for an uncomplicated cool.
- Trends: Boxy coats, leather, color-saturated fur, colorblocking, minimalism.
- Colors: Blue, orange, black, white, pink.
- Key Look: The boxy navy car coat with brown leather lapels.
- Accessories: Wide oversize handheld clutches; white pointy-toe pumps.
- Who Would Wear It: Fashion's unfussy types.
All photos courtesy of Céline