Céline Spring 2013
If you can tear your eyes away from the parade of fuzzy slippers coming down the runway, then you can refocus your attention to the Spring lineup offered up by minimalist maestro Phoebe Philo. Above the ankles, Philo's collection delves into new territory, most notably with her accessories, but also with other twists — quite literally: the twisted fabric looped over a shoulder and fastened across the chests and waists of her tops, creating a new architectural storyline in the midst of her simplified, more menswear-informed silhouettes. To that end, we also get get unfinished, raw hemlines that felt a little disheveled, a little sexy maybe. Speaking of sexy, there was that, too — a pretty obvious nod to more sensuous Spring dressing with curve-conscious v-neck dresses, inset with eye-catching netting. As far as wearability, Philo's slouchy separates and clean-cropped leather may rank highest on that list, but it's the shoes and accessories that fascinate — and if the success of Céline's other handbags are any indication, then it's the fresh riffs on the clutch (resembling a kind of luxe paper-bag lunch) that will likely be the biggest draw come Spring.
- Trends: Netting, leather, and crop tops.
- Colors: White, black, navy, and a pop of pastel.
- Key Piece: The sexy dresses with deep necklines inset with netting.
- Accessories: Fuzzy, slipper-style flats and pumps, and roll-top clutches.
- Who Should Wear It: Chloë Sevigny and Anna Dello Russo in the shoes, while we're sure the rest of the fashion elite will be toting the new clutches next season.