Charlotte Ronson Spring 2013
For the sportier styler who dares to appeal to her girlie girl underneath, Charlotte Ronson has just the solution. Her signature mix of kitschy heart prints and sweet florals — this time, in romantic waterlily and daisy iterations — headed to the high-school locker room for a decidedly athletic makeover. Think mesh-infused, cap-sleeved dresses with an ultrapretty trumpet hem, sheer peplum blouses (in the most delicate shade of lemon-meets-eggshell yellow) and sportif vest pairings, old-school varsity jackets, and drawcord bucket bags to start. And if you're craving an easy offset to her ladylike sports vibe, then look to the subtle undertones of nautical-inspired wares within, albeit slick ones. We can already predict we'll be clambering for a pair of the dark leather sailor shorts, adorned with gold buttons, and, for that matter, trying to get our hands on that two-in-one herringbone-striped tote backpack. Get the trend breakdown below, and then click through see Charlotte Ronson's Spring 2013 lineup in full.
- Trends: Trumpet hems, a sporty sensibility (athletic wear, mesh details, and more), and a touch of nautical-inspired tailoring.
- Colors: A spectrum of pastel hues. Our favorites? Eggshell yellow and spearmint green.
- Key Piece: Any of the soft, flounce-hemmed dresses paired with a varsity jacket.
- Accessories: Floppy totes, drawcord bucket bags, beach hobo bags, and one seriously awesome herringbone-striped tote that doubled as a backpack.
- Who Should Wear It: We envision Charlotte's most loyal stylers — Nicole Richie, for one — to be spotted taking these for an off-duty spin. As for those gorgeous waterlily silk prints? Nina Dobrev gets our vote for who has to wear it first.