Christian Siriano took us to a night at the Russian opera for Fall '13, but the dress code wasn't stuffy — he crafted glamour with a cool eye. Sleek silhouettes, high shine, and plush fur detailing that felt elegant and modern — and never overdone, even in their most jaw-dropping iterations — came together in a collection fit for any of (young) Hollywood's red-carpet queens. While most everyone will be talking about those gowns, Siriano gave us more and more wearability than seasons past (not just by showcasing his affordable lineup of Payless footwear) with his attention to separates. The show began first with what the designer imagined this Russian sophisticate would be wearing before the big evening out; we got slick leather, ultraluxe fur crafted into sophisticated pencil skirts, and lots of black before the Project Runway alum started to build toward his finale with flashes of metallic on trench coats and a peplum top and pant set. In its final chapter, this collection was pure glamour that was meant to drop jaws — and begged to be photographed — with body-flaunting fishtail cuts and dramatic black and gold contrasts.
- Inspiration: The Golden Age of the Russian opera.
- Trends: Peplum, fur, leather, metallics.
- Colors: Black, gold, soft abstract prints, and flashes of pink.
- Shoes: Keep your eye on the Christian Siriano for Payless LeToille evening shoe — available direct from the runway Feb. 18 in Payless stores and online (for $30!).
- Who should wear it: Beauties like Camilla Belle, Coco Rocha, and Emmy Rossum.