Christian Siriano Spring 2013
We weren't the only ones swept away by Christian Siriano's dreamy pastel-hued Spring 2013 collection — you could hear the excited gasps all around, as each frothy confection and bow-adorned pump took its turn on the catwalk. Tapping into many a little girl's fantasy of princess gowns, bejeweled everything (or in this case, shoes), and the prettiest shades of pink and robin egg blue, Christian's latest offerings struck an ultragirlie-turned-balletic chord. Even the models' high buns indicated that, at any given moment, a rogue series of pirouettes may take its course before our very eyes. With that said, it wasn't just fairytale gowns on hand. We spotted soft watercolor-hued shirtdresses paired with metallic pink brogues, textured ankle-cropped trouser-and-blazer combos, slicker leather jackets, and peplum tops, too — giving this feminine styler an easy way to go from day to night. By show's end, there were more than a few beautifully draped white gowns, some embellished with crystals and feathers, to add to our wedding dress must-have list. A point that proves, from start to finish, that Christian's collection catered to serious fashion fantasy.
- Trends: Peplum, girlie accoutrements, sweetheart necklines, ultradraped silhouettes.
- Colors: Soft pastel hues à la baby pink, powder blue, and creamy white.
- Key Piece: While the glam gowns took the cake, we're lusting after the more daytime-wearable collared shirtdresses.
- Accessories: Crystal-encrusted loafer pumps, bow-adorned heels, metallic oxfords, and retro round sunglasses.
- Who Should Wear It: A-listers will clamor to get their hands on some of the red-carpet-worthy gowns — Camila Alves and Sofia Vergara would make the tulle-laden gowns look absolutely regal.