Christopher Kane Spring 2013
Frankenstein. That was the inspiration point for Christopher Kane's Spring '13 collection, and while it might sound a little rough around the edges, the designer managed to keep it quite ladylike. Pastel-hued skirt suits and dresses featured clamp-like straps; stiff, structured floral-embossed biker jackets were paired with ladylike pencil skirts; gorgeous, sheer embellished dresses were adorned with black electrical tape; and there were even a few rubber bows placed on cardigans and sheaths. Such quirky touches added a undeniably unique touch to Kane's feminine assortment, and we're sure fans like Alexa Chung and Poppy Delevingne will wear it with a great confidence and panache.
- Trends: Biker jackets, sheer, embellishment.
- Colors: White, pastel pink, yellow, gray.
- Key Piece: The cropped embossed biker jacket paired with the embellished ladylike skirt.
- Accessories: Spiral wrapped sandals in white and gray.
- Who Should Wear It: Ladylike with a tough edge is the name of the game for Christopher Kane, and we can see girls like Shailene Woodley and Alexa Chung sporting his femme-tough looks.