Cushnie et Ochs Spring 2013
It's no wonder Hollywood's style set relies on Carly Cushnie and Michelle Ochs's label for sexy — in all the right ways — event dressing. The design duo at Cushnie et Ochs delivered another covetable lineup of cocktail wares, accessorized with a subtle flash of skin and a noticeably bold shoulder for Spring '13. Working in a palette of crisp whites, a serene sea green, black, and a shot of electric blue, Cushnie's signature sultriness was a treat, one slim, clean-cut cocktail dress after the next. To distinguish this collection, at least subtly so, the designers diversified with ethereal organza trim juxtaposed against harder, leather fabrications (and even threw a pair of trousers and a cape in the mix). Still, in essence, Cushnie doesn't deviate too far from its comfort zone: expertise in the art of revealing just enough.
- Trends: Cutouts, leather, crop tops, and bold shoulders.
- Colors: White, blue, turquoise, and black.
- Key Piece: It's hard to pick favorites, but we're drawn to the clean lines and subtle sex appeal of the white, sleeveless sheath with midriff cutouts.
- Accessories: Just minimalist ankle-strap stilettos.
- Who Should Wear It: We'd love to see the more classic types like Katie Holmes or Jennifer Aniston slip into one of the ultrasexy numbers with a drama-inducing cutout neckline; Jennifer Connelly would be stunning in the edgier black leather looks.