Cynthia Rowley Fall 2012
Deriving inspiration from craftsmen — mechanics, cobblers, and (much more obviously) leathermen, Cynthia Rowley's own Fall craftsmanship honed in on these artists with a succinctly modern and much sportier interpretation. Save for denim on denim suiting or brilliant colored leather, there's not too much literal interpretation, but rather a cool collection of womanly, curve-conscious design married with menswear-inspired structure. We're treated to bold all-over prints washed over body-skimming sheaths, skinny pants, and even gloves. And while a tougher, boxier leather jacket lined in shearling might pinpoint Rowley's craftsmen influences, what takes shape is still definitively for the girls.
- Trends: Colored leather, abstract prints, menswear.
- Colors: Blue, black, maroon, orange, olive green, gray, white.
- Key Piece: We love the printed pants, shearling-trimmed jacket, and deep navy leather pieces.
- Accessories: Aviator shades, ankle boots, strappy platforms and socks, jeweled necklaces at the collar, feather-adorned bags, graphic printed gloves.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls with an appetite for truly modern, crafty sportswear.