Edun Fall 2012
Bono and wife Ali Hewson's elevated eco-conscious clothing brand showed off a darker mood this season, but not to worry, the presence of Edun's signature exotic prints abounded in pops of silky fuchsia and electric blue combos. Even as the first model took her turn on the runway, the clothes delivered a strong message: the Edun girl, as the program notes, "has taken her punk rock roots on safari." With that said, this is one urban-infused African safari trip we've ever embarked upon. Among the most prevalently featured prints were zebra, leopard, gazelles — reincarnated into prettily draped shoulder dresses, loud shirt dresses, and even twist dresses. To add a layer of functional Winter warmth into the mix, Edun's Fall '12 lineup showcased boxy ribbed turtlenecks, leather slickers, and a plethora of structured, tough-girl overcoats. Cold weather, beware — this cool mix of animal-inspired patterns and chunky outerwear packs a seasonal punch.
- Trends: Graphic animal prints, leather, and oversized turtlenecks.
- Colors: Pops of electric blue, neon green, bronze, black, navy blue, fuchsia.
- Key Piece: The silky, relaxed gazelle-printed blouse paired with slouch black pants.
- Accessories: Utilitarian-inspired black ankle boots.
- Who Would Wear It: The fair-trade fashionista á la Stella McCartney and Charlize Theron.