Edun Spring 2013
More than any other Spring 2013 collection, we can look to Edun for a strong conscientious presentation of contrasted viewpoints. What we mean by this is that there is no other brand that consistently — and, as a rule of thumb — reinvents the way in which we can wear globally-sourced, nature-inspired fabrics and textures in the context of what's fashion-forward and beautiful. Today, we witnessed the latest reimagination: a cool mix of army-green utilitarian pieces (zippered vests, cargo trumpet-hem skirts, and camo-printed trousers) against sexier bralette tops, draped chiffon tops, and patchwork corseted dresses. Among our favorites spotted on the runway? A double-zippered olive-hued shiftdress (that's just begging to be worn with a pair of sexy reptilian-print ankle-strap sandals) topped our list. It's official: we deem this lineup Spring's sultry safari adventure. Catch up on our show breakdown below — then, click through to see Edun's latest offerings in full.
- Trends: Military-inspired cuts, subtle embellishments (but silver sequins are in), wide silky trousers, and cutouts galore.
- Colors: Navy blue, olive green, brown, white, black, midnight gray, silver, and hints of purple.
- Key Piece: We're obsessing over the deep-V plunge romper — complete with sexy bralette peeping through — and slouchy blazer to finish, which acted as a slightly more tailored touch.
- Accessories: Reptilian-printed sandals that popped up in simple ankle-strap incarnations and sexier gladiator cage versions, arm wraplets, and grommet-infused belts.
- Who Should Wear It: We could picture front-row attendee Alicia Keys in one of the more skin-baring mesh tops or stylers like Moda Operandi's Taylor Tomasi Hill in one of the slick army-green cargo jackets.