Elie Saab Spring 2012
The celebrity-favorite designer turned out a rainbow-coded color fest for Spring '12. It's as if he took each primary hue from a box of crayons, then offered an iteration of evening wear, cocktail sheaths, and suiting — one in every color. The primary references have only to do with color scheming; there's nothing elementary about the red-carpet-worthy gowns, made brighter and more statement-worthy in sequins, dreamy sheer layers, and lace. You see the craftsmanship in every piece — a subtle, smart lace inset on a cobalt blue suit, a just-sexy-enough neckline on a fitted sheath. It's a collection that carries its sex appeal with total confidence — just like that woman who will wear it.
- Trends: Brights, lace, sheer, slits.
- Colors: Bold blue, green, orange, and yellow; creamy white.
- Key Look: The green sequined gown with a cinched waist and a plunging neckline.
- Accessories: Box clutches and strappy pumps to match every colorful look.
- Who Would Wear It: Look for it all over the red carpet.