Erdem Spring 2013
Alexa Chung dubbed it "eyeball heaven" — she was right. If we were summing up Erdem's Spring so succinctly, we too would call it just that, heavenly — but we'll elaborate. It's not just pretty: this season, Erdem's ladylike sheaths and lace get a touch of the exotic and the contemporary. The soft blues and yellows on slim pencil skirts and dresses are spliced with cutouts and snakeskin paneling that's not exactly edgy, but certainly a contemporary shift. To that point, the collection's florals are also taken further this season, dotted with high-impact brights and made all the more compelling in 3D floral appliques. Designer Erdem Moralioglu's girl is hardly a one-note wonder either, as he takes on trousers and tops and a few coats and jackets finished in the same wash of gorgeous prints, albeit with a touch of sportier sensibility with zip-ups and in more relaxed silhouettes. At its core, it's still what we've come to know and love from Erdem — a lineup of dresses, each more lovely than the next — but the unexpected textural play and contemporary color highlights give us something entirely new to love too.
- Trends: Cutouts, lace, snakeskin, floral appliqués, sheer.
- Colors: Powder blues and soft yellows, black and white, a pop of bright pink and orange.
- Key Piece: We were taken with the lovely iterations on lace and snakeskin.
- Accessories: Metallic and printed T-strap platforms; sporty, clear shades; sparkling statement necklaces at the collar.
- Who Should Wear It: The feminine style set — Michelle Williams, Miranda Kerr, and Diane Kruger.