Etro Fall 2012
For Etro's Fall 2012 collection, Veronica Etro showed an abundance of paisley patterns revised with a modern touch. "There is something about the paisley which at heart is very aristocratic," said Etro, when describing the collection. That said, Etro utilized the print in every form via multicolored trousers, sheer fit-and-flare dresses, and rich velvet gowns. Outerwear highlighted a range of gorgeous belted coats, fur caplets, and draped laser-cut blazers. There were also some sheer paisley shirts paired with baggy silk trousers emoting a seductive menswear feel. Meanwhile, dresses ranged from sheer body-conscious silhouettes, accessorized with leather peplum belts, to long velvet burnout gowns. More details from Etro's collection below.
- Trends: Paisley, peplum, baggy trousers, velvet.
- Colors: Black, burnt orange, red, brown, gray, camel, moss green.
- Key Piece: The fit-and-flare paisley dresses and the sheer paisley tops were key standouts.
- Accessories: Peplum belts, cutout booties, ankle-strap pumps, satchel bags.
- Who Would Wear It: Red-carpet ladies who like decadent drama like Evan Rachel Wood and Sarah Jessica Parker.