2011 Fall New York Fashion Week: Jason Wu
Jason Wu is a master at wowing — season after season, he sends down looks that make us wish we had an indispensable bank account so we could acquire every piece. For Fall '11, Wu continued to supply a luxurious aesthetic: red-carpet-worthy gowns, chic separates, and embellished details that shine. While sultry gowns and sassy short frocks ruled the runway, the designer did also inject pops of menswear via tuxedo blazers and slim pants. What also reigned supreme was lace — it added romance to everything from coats to blouses to gowns to the black half veils some models wore. The dressy message was heard loud and clear.
- Trends: Lace, maxi hemlines, voluminous skirts, feathers.
- Colors: Black, red, gray, cobalt, chartreuse.
- Key Looks: A red gown with a sexy side slit and black half veil; lace-detailed blouse with tulip skirt.
- Accessories: Lace half veils, black pumps, dotted tights.
- Who Would Wear It: Victoria Beckham, on the red carpet and on the streets.