2011 New York Fall Fashion Week: Rag & Bone
The Rag & Bone show is massive, and it has to be considering its loyal following of editors, It girls and boys, supermodels like Erin Wasson and Jessica Stam — who watch from the front row instead of walking — and ultra cool celebs like Alexa Chung. The Thom Yorke soundtrack suggested a dark and serious show, but what ended up coming down the runway was a rather madcap hunting expedition in the Scottish Highlands. At least that's what I thought until I got the scoop from designer Marcus Wainwright after the show. There were plaid kilts, lots of leather trim, sculpted shift dresses, leg warmers, and even a varsity jacket to keep it sporty. It was a much more rugged collection than last Fall, but there were some luxurious pieces, like an ivory shearling hooded vest and a slew of fantastic leather platform boots.
- Trends: Shearling, leather trim, fur sleeves, varsity jackets, '70s ski, Scottish Highland chic, Eskimo.
- Colors: Ivory, brown, rust, royal blue.
- Key Looks: Anything with shearling.
- Accessories: Calf-length brown leather boots with canvas detailing; hooded capelets./li>
- Who Would Wear It: Chic women who drive Land Rovers and drink beer after a day of skiing.